MPH Program Awards
The Shiriki Kumanyika Award for Public Health Leadership
This award is presented to a Penn MPH student each year in recognition of the personal commitment and innovative visioning that could result in a measurable difference in the field of public health. This individual has demonstrated the ability to inspire and motivate and improve the health and well being of others.
- 2016: Kristen Constantine, MPH
- 2015: Harriet Okatch, PhD, MPH
- 2014: Adina Lieberman, MPH
- 2013: Gretchen Evans, MPH
The Nathanson Fellowship in Global Public Health
This award is presented to a Penn MPH student who has demonstrated the commitment to improving health across the globe.
- 2016: Joshua Litteljohn, RN, MSN, MPH
- 2014: Eunice Chay, DMD, MPH & Christian Stillson, MPH
- 2013: Dianna Burnett, MPH & Sean Hammer, MPH
The Marjorie A. Bowman Award for Undergraduate Public Health Service
This award is presented to a Penn undergraduate student each year in recognition of leadership, personal commitment to the field of public health and a plan for future work dedicated to improving the health and well being of underserved populations. This individual has demonstrated leadership in volunteer and/or service-based activities and holds great promise for graduate level training in public health.
- 2016: Alyssa Kennedy & Alexandra Kimmel
- 2015: Bernadette D'Alonzo & Steven Pintauro
- 2014: Robert Hsu
- 2013: Samuel Ware
The United States Public Health Service Excellence in Public Health Award
This award is given to a dual MD/MPH student who demonstrated a commitment to integrating public health into their medical career.
- 2016: Jessica Zha, MD, MPH
- 2015: Lauren Houdek VonHoltz, MD, MPH
- 2014: Meredith Curtis, MD, MPH