(Director - Carolyn Cannuscio, ScD)
CPHI brings together students, trainees, staff, and faculty across the university in order to advance population health. This is accomplished through:
Student Research: Providing research-focused public health students special access to research opportunities.
- Graduate Research Assistantships
- Master’s Capstone Projects
- The Junior Scholars Forum: Bringing together early career researchers interested in public health and the social sciences.
Community Engagement: Stimulating dialogue and generating creative ideas for expanding community oriented translational research, and evidence-based practice, in our region.
- Healthy Library Initiative: The Healthy Library Initiative harnesses the power of public libraries to improve population health. This is an innovative collaboration between the University of Pennsylvania and the Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Community Driven Research Day: CDRD encourages collaboration between researchers and community-based organizations (CBOs)/community groups who have research questions that they are interested in answering about community approaches to improving health outcomes.
- Featured Research- Coming Soon!
Pilot Research Opportunities: Funding promising pilot research initiatives through an annual “Call for Proposals” for interdisciplinary public health research endeavors.
- CDRD Call for Proposals Opening February 2017
- Joint CPHI/CTSA Community Engagement and Research (CEAR) Core Pilot Funding
- Previously Funded Research