(Director- Heather Klusaritz, PhD, MSW)
Through strong relationships with schools and centers across Penn’s campus and meaningful community-academic partnerships, the center fosters evidence-based approaches to public health practice, emphasizing translation of science into sustainable health improvements through 3 lenses:
- Seminar Series: Free expert speakers discussing relevant public health topics.
- Learning Institutes: 2-4 day workshops to train the public health workforce.
- Penn Community Scholars: 8-session training program to train community organizations on community-academic partnerships.
- School-based Initiatives: Health and wellness initiatives in West Philadelphia K-8 schools
- Community Driven Research Day (CDRD): Encourages collaboration between researchers and community-based organizations (CBOs)/community groups who have research questions that they are interested in answering about community approaches to improving health outcomes. Visit our Events page for this year's date.
- Community-Academic Research Partnerships: CPHI engages with community, government and industry partners to further community-based public health research. See our current projects.
- Service Link: A cross-university student organization that aims to improve the health of Philadelphians by linking them with public benefits and community resources that address the social determinants of health.
- Walk with a Doc: To get out into the community and promote health and well-being through bi-weekly walks, and to give and have the opportunity for community members to have any questions answered by some of our future doctors.
- Healthy Penn: A comprehensive program for faculty, staff, and students at Penn, focused on increasing the availability and accessibility of wellness activities across the university.
- Healthy Library Initiative: The Healthy Library Initiative harnesses the power of public libraries to improve population health. This is an innovative collaboration between the University of Pennsylvania and the Free Library of Philadelphia.
- MPH Community Service Fellows: A program for current MPH students interested in enhancing their MPH education by participating in service activities. Fellows work closely with CPHI and the MPH program to enhance and execute community service activities. See our current initiatives!
- MPH Fieldwork: The MPH Fieldwork Experience connects current MPH students with community, academic, industry and government organizations to gain practical experience and build MPH core competencies. Interested in serving as a fieldwork site? Click here.